Your role will contribute to this by ensuring on time and accurate processing and reporting of all accounting transactions for accounts payables and general accounting processes. Support statutory audits and ensure overall compliance for Japan Branch with local laws and requirements. Safeguard the related internal control framework and actively test, improve and updated processes where needed.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for general ledger management, accounts payables processing, account receivables, credit control, account reconciliations, retail accounting, intercompany accounting, inventory reconciliation of the branches, treasury accounting, tax accounting & reporting and the monthly accounting close.
Ensuring on time and accurate processing and reporting of all accounting transactions for accounts payables and general accounting processes
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department.
- Process month, quarter
Fluent in Japanese and English
- Fluent in Japanese and English
- Strong accounting and analytical skills
- Knowledge of US GAAP and Tax
- Strong problem-solving capabilities
- Process improvement capabilities
- Drive for results
- Self-starter and acts with integrity
- Lead and manage the accounting team. Identify training needs of team members; develop training material in conjunction with HR when needed, and coach, train and lead employees on performing best of class financial processes to build knowledgeable and competent employees.
In order to succeed in this role, it is expected that you will have:
- Minimum 5 years post-graduation experience.
- Proficient in use of Excel, Word and ideally data-extraction tools such as COGNOS.
- Open-minded, very motivated and possesses good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong linkage with the Patagonia business and mission statement.