When you wish to be registered as a member of Nikkei Career Net, you must agree to the following terms with the “Nikkei Career Net” operator, Nikkei Human Resources, Inc. (a company jointly owned by Nikkei Inc. and Nikkei Business Publications, Inc.).
■ Article 1 Nikkei Career Net
The term “Nikkei Career Net” means an online job change information service (https://career.nikkei.co.jp/) that is provided by Nikkei HR with the support of Nikkei Inc. Nikkei Career Net includes, without limitation, mail delivery and other job change and career advancement support services pertaining to the website.
■ Article 2 Registered Members
■ Article 3 Consent to Terms
Registered Members shall be deemed to have consented to all of these Terms at the time of member registration.
■ Article 4 Benefits of Registered Members
Registered Members may be entitled to job change support services provided by Nikkei HR (hereinafter “Services”).
■ Article 5 Change of Registered Details and Cancellation of Membership
Registered Members may be free to change, supplement, or delete their registered details at any time and at their own will. However, Registered Members shall take responsibility for their registered details. Furthermore, Registered Members may be free to cancel their membership at any time during the provision of Services. Cancellation procedures shall be carried out by Registered Members themselves on the website of “Nikkei Career Net.”
Nikkei HR may remove your member registration three (3) months after your registered email address becomes unavailable to receive messages sent to members. For the avoidance of doubt, Nikkei HR shall not take any responsibility for such removal of registration.
■ Article 6 Prohibited Acts of Registered Members
Registered Members shall not engage in any of the following acts by using “Nikkei Career Net.”
(1) Act causing false information to be registered
(2) Act actually or likely to be contrary to laws, regulations or public order and morality
(3) Reproduction, sale, publication or other use beyond the scope of private use of information provided by Nikkei Human Resources
(4) Provision of information services on a commercial basis
(5) Infringement on intellectual property rights or any other rights of other Registered Members or third parties
(6) Act causing damage to the property, privacy, reputation, trust, etc., of other Registered Members or third parties, criminal act, or any act contrary to public order and morality
(7) Discrimination, criticism, attack, slander or defamation against other Registered Members or third parties, or any act facilitating such acts
(8) Act disrupting the operation of “Nikkei Career Net,” or act damaging trust in or otherwise causing any detriment to Nikkei HR or Nikkei Inc., or any act likely to cause such disruption, damage or other detriment
(9) Forwarding email newsletters delivered by Nikkei Career Net to an email address other than your own email address(es)
(10) Political, campaigning or religious activity, or any similar activity
(11) Violent verbal or physical behavior, or any similar behavior
(12) Act deemed by Nikkei HR to be inappropriate, in addition to the acts mentioned in the preceding items
■ Article 7 Removal of Registered Information of Registered Member and Termination of Partial Services
Nikkei HR may terminate partial services to a Registered Member or may remove the whole or any part of the registered information of a Registered Member without prior notice, even when the Registered Member does not remove or request the removal of his or her registered information, upon the occurrence of one of the following events. For the avoidance of doubt, Nikkei HR shall not take any responsibility for any detriment resulting from such service termination or registration removal.
(1) If Nikkei HR deems that the Registered Member is in violation of Article 6 of these Terms, or if Nikkei HR deems it inappropriate to maintain the registered information of the Registered Member, the registered information of the Registered Member may be removed.
(2) If the member’s registered email address has been unavailable to receive messages sent by Nikkei Career Net for not less than three (3) months, the registered information of the Registered Member may be removed.
(3) If the Registered Member has not logged into Mypage of Nikkei Career Net for less than one (1) year, the delivery of email newsletters, etc., may be terminated and the registered information of the Registered Member may be removed.
(4) Organized crime figures or those linked to organized crime or an an organization related to organized crime cannot be registered as a member. If a Registered Member turns out to be a person linked to any such anti-social force, Nikkei HR immediately invalidates his or her registration.
(5) If a complaint, or request for deletion of member registration, is received from a third party due to an error in whole or any part of information caused by a Registered Member to be registered with “Nikkei Career Net,” Nikkei HR may delete the whole or any part of such registered information without prior notice to the Registered Member, and Registered Members shall agree to this in advance.
■ Article 8 Personal Information
1. Definition of Personal Information
The term “Personal Information” means information related to Registered Members, as an individual, and consisting of the name, address, phone number, email address, names of schools attended, date of birth, and other description, etc., which make possible individual (including information which does not, by itself, make possible the identity of the individual, but can be easily checked against other information and thereby makes possible the identity of the individual).
2. Personal Information Manager and Purpose of Use
(1) Your registered Personal Information will be managed at the responsibility of Nikkei Human Resources. We will take every possible measure for such management. Personal Information will be used by Nikkei Human Resources.
(2) The following is the Purpose of use of Personal Information. Personal Information will not be used beyond the scope of the Purpose of use.
- To provide services to Nikkei Career Net users
- To authenticate individuals in connection with Services
- To disclose Personal Information to companies using Nikkei Career Net with the consent of Registered Members
- To deliver various email newsletters, to provide information, and to deliver various notices
- To make possible participation in questionnaires, campaigns, etc., to send gifts, and to conduct the relevant activities
- To reply to comments, inquiries, etc., about Nikkei Career Net services
Person Responsible for Management of Personal Information
Personal Information shall be managed under the responsibility of the following person. Kanda Mitsubishi Building, 6th Floor, 3-6-3, Kandakajicho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-0045, Japan Person Responsible for Management of Personal Information at Nikkei Human Resources, Inc. Director Yoshinobu Saito
3. Provision of Personal Information to User Companies
Provision of Personal Information to companies using “Nikkei Career Net” based on the use of Nikkei Career Net (applications for jobs and seminars by Registered Members).
When applications for jobs and seminars are submitted to companies via Nikkei Career Net, the following information that has been registered as Registered Member information shall be provided to the relevant companies as the data of the applicants.
【Items of Personal Information to be Provided to Companies】
Furigana of Name
Mobile email address
Date of birth
Mobile phone number
Educational background, schools attended, etc.
Personal mention of English proficiency
Personal mention of other language skills
Business career (company name, industry type, employment status, company data [total number of employees, capital], employment period, job type, etc.)
Total number of companies you worked for
Current annual income
Desired industry type
Desired job type
Desired work location
Desired employment status
Desired annual income
Reason for job change/details of desired job type, etc.
Message for companies to be included with job application
About you, etc.
4. Access of Personal Information by Companies and Agents
When the scout service setting is set to “Accept” scouts from companies and agents, Registered Members shall be deemed to have agreed to accessing by companies and agents of
【Registered Items Posted on Scouts】Gender
5. Results of Not Providing Personal Information
When you do not fill in the necessary items for the provision of the services of “Nikkei Career Net,” you may not receive some services.
6. Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties without Consent In principle, we will not disclose to third parties any Personal Information registered without the consent of the Registered Member. We shall disclose such Personal Information only when the Registered Member has been notified of such recipient and such content of the information to be provided as may be specified by us, and we have obtained the consent of the Registered Member. However, we may, without the consent of the Registered Member, disclose the registered details if:
(1) The disclosure is required under law or regulation;
(2) The disclosure is necessary to protect the life, body or property of a person, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the principal;
(3) The disclosure is necessary, inter alia, to facilitate the improvement of public health or the sound development of children, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the principal; or
(4) We are required to cooperate with any national or local public body, or any entity entrusted by such body in performing its administrative work specified by law or regulation, and the acquisition of the consent of the principal may interfere with the performance of such functions.
7. Scope Not Considered as Third Party
For the purpose of the application of the provisions of this Article, the recipient of the Personal Information shall not be considered as a third party when:
(1) Nikkei HR outsources to the recipient the whole or any part of the handling of Personal Information to the extent necessary to achieve the intended use of Personal Information;
(2) Personal Information is taken over by the recipient in association with business succession due to a merger of Nikkei HR and Nikkei Inc. or other event; or
(3) The joint use of Personal Information by Nikkei HR and such recipient for purposes other than those set forth in these Terms is required or permitted by law or regulation.
Nikkei HR shall not take any responsibility for the acquisition by a third party of Personal Information when and if:
(1) The Registered Member spontaneously shows his or her Personal Information to a certain company by using any function of “Nikkei Career Net” or any other means;
(2) Such acquisition is due to any cause attributable to the Registered Member, including, without limitation, the failure of the Registered Member to properly manage the ID and password; or
(3) Such acquisition is not due to any cause attributable to Nikkei Human Resources.
Nikkei HR may create statistical data from Personal Information provided to us in a format in which individuals are not identifiable, and may use the data without any restrictions on the data. For the avoidance of doubt, the period of use of the data may continue even after you cease to be a Registered Member (for any reason whatsoever).
Nikkei Career Net may send information called Cookies to your computer when you are using the website, and the information is stored on the hard disk or in the memory of your computer. Cookies may be used for the purpose of providing better future services, including, without limitation, scheduled member services, high-value-added services and advertising management systems, and Cookies does not impair the privacy or computing environment of users. Users may block Cookies from functioning by changing the settings of your browser, however, in this case, please understand that you may not use some services.
11. Use of Web Beacons
Nikkei Career Net may use Web Beacons (clear GIFs) on certain web pages. A Web Beacon is a technology for counting the number of accesses to a certain web page. We may use Web Beacons in combination with Cookies only for the purpose of finding out how users are accessing the pages and other relevant facts to provide you with more satisfactory services. Although Web Beacons never contain information that can determine and identify users, when you do not want to allow the use of Web Beacons, you may block the use thereof by setting your browser accordingly.
For the privacy policies of Nikkei Career Net and Nikkei Human Resources, please refer to the following websites.
[Nikkei Career Net URL] https://career.nikkei.co.jp/contents/help/policy
[Nikkei HR URL] http://www.nikkeihr.co.jp/company/com_privacy.php
■ Article 9 (Questionnaires, etc.)
1. Registered Members shall, at their own responsibility, provide their replies, information, etc., in response to questionnaires and the like targeting the members that may be conducted by Nikkei Human Resources.
2. Nikkei HR may, without the prior consent of Registered Members, edit the content of the results of such questionnaires and reproduce the edited content in any information media that is edited and issued by Nikkei Human Resources. In this case, all copyrights to the edited and reproduced content of the results of such questionnaires shall belong to Nikkei Human Resources.
3. Nikkei HR may send questionnaires to Registered Members and conduct interview surveys of Registered Members by phone or email for the purpose of asking Registered Members questions regarding the improvement of scout service quality, the support to Registered Members in job change activities, the understanding of scout service effects (including, without limitation, the use by Registered Members of agents and the progress of such use, the details of the services provided by agents, confirmation of selection status by companies seeking workers, and the like).
4. Nikkei HR may use the information obtained from Registered Members pursuant to the preceding paragraph for the purposes of improving the scout service quality, supporting the members in job change activities, understanding the scout service effects, and inquiring of companies seeking workers and agents about the facts etc.
■ Article 10 (Use of Information)
1. Nikkei HR may use without any restriction statistical information generated by processing, summarizing and analyzing, in a format in which individuals cannot be identified or specified, the usage histories of “Nikkei Career Net” by Registered Members and other such information (including, without limitation, access histories, job application histories, check list storage histories, and the content of communications exchanged between Registered Members and companies), and Registered Members shall agree to this in advance. For the avoidance of doubt, the period of use of such information may continue even after you cease to be a Registered Member (for any reason whatsoever).
2. Nikkei HR may receive, from agents and companies to which Registered Members made applications for jobs through “Nikkei Career Net,” reports about the progress of job change activities by Registered Members (including whether they were employed and the terms of recruitment), and the members shall agree to this in advance.
■ Article 11 (Copyrights and Use of Provided Information)
1. All copyrights to information and content posted on “Nikkei Career Net” (including, without limitation, photos and illustrations; the same applies hereinafter) shall belong to Nikkei Human Resources. However, this shall not apply to information and content posted by companies and agents.
2. Nikkei HR may make secondary use of information provided to “Nikkei Career Net” (excluding Personal Information) and all information and content created by Nikkei HR based on such provided information, in any information media that is edited, issued, sold or otherwise handled by Nikkei Human Resources. For the avoidance of doubt, copyrights to the works created in connection with such secondary use shall belong to Nikkei Human Resources.
■ Article 12 Responsibility of Nikkei Human Resources
Nikkei HR shall not assume responsibility for any damage (any detriment including mental distress, cessation of job-seeking activities or other monetary loss) arising out of Registered Members’ registration with “Nikkei Career Net,” the use thereof, the provision of information by third parties, etc., unless such damage is caused by a willful act or negligence of Nikkei Human Resources.
In addition, Nikkei HR shall not guarantee those who make use of “Nikkei Career Net” certainty of any effect in relation to selection, acceptance/rejection or recruitment in such a manner as being scouted, provided with job information by companies or agents or being recruited by companies.
Furthermore, if you cannot read email newsletters, etc., due to garbled characters, etc., Nikkei HR will not be obligated to redeliver the same.
■ Article 13 Force Majeure
Nikkei HR shall not take any responsibility for damage caused by a computer virus that cannot be prevented by computer virus countermeasures to be normally taken, damage caused by an act of God, or other damage caused for a reason not attributable to Nikkei Human Resources. Nikkei HR shall not warrant that data on “Nikkei Career Net” is not deleted or changed due to any such force majeure, and Registered Members shall save such data at their own responsibility.
■ Article 14 Liability to Third Party
If, in connection with a Registered Member’s registration with or use of “Nikkei Career Net,” the Registered Member causes damage to a third party or a dispute occurs, the Registered Member shall resolve the such dispute at his or her own responsibility, and Nikkei HR shall not take any responsibility therefor. If Nikkei HR pays expenses or damages to resolve such dispute, the Registered Member shall reimburse Nikkei HR for all expenses or damages paid by Nikkei Human Resources.
■ Article 15 Damages
If a Registered Member violates these Terms and causes damage to Nikkei Human Resources, the Registered Member shall be obligated to compensate Nikkei HR for all damages, whether direct or indirect.
■ Article 16 Assignment, etc.
Upon prior notice posted on the website of “Nikkei Career Net,” without the special consent of Registered Members, Nikkei HR may cause its position under these Terms to be taken over by a third party, and may assign its rights under these Terms to a third party, and may cause its obligations under these Terms to be assumed by a third party.
■ Article 17 Member Service Change, etc.
Nikkei HR may change or suspend services to Registered Members without prior notice to Registered Members, and Registered Members shall agree to this.
Nikkei HR may suspend indefinitely or terminate all services to Registered Members upon one (1) month prior notice to Registered Members.
■ Article 18 Amendment to These Terms
Nikkei HR may amend these Terms at any time. The details of the amendment shall be displayed on “Nikkei Career Net” for one (1) month and, upon the lapse of the one (1) month period, shall be deemed to have been agreed to by all Registered Members.
■ Article 19 Governing Law and Competent Court
These Terms and Service shall be governed by the laws of Japan, and any dispute arising in connection with these Terms and Services shall be referred to the Tokyo District Court or (for a claim of not more than one million four hundred thousand yen (\1,400,000)) Tokyo Summary Court, and such court shall be the exclusive agreement jurisdictional court of first instance.
■ Article 20 Original
The original of these Terms shall be the Japanese version, and these Terms shall be construed based on the Japanese version.
Terms took effect on February 1, 2003.
Partially amended on December 28, 2005 due to the introduction of new function.
Office relocated on March 20, 2006.
Company name changed on April 1, 2006 from “Nikkei HR Information” to “Nikkei Human Resources.” Amended on December 1, 2006 due to the change of the site name to Nikkei Career Net and changes in the content of services. Articles 7 and 8 amended on October 1, 2008.
Article 8 amended on March 18, 2010.
Article 8 amended on March 29, 2010.
Article 16 amended on July 15, 2010.
Article 7 amended on September 22, 2010.
Article 8 amended on March 28, 2012.
Articles 5 and 8 amended on May 25, 2012.
Article 7 amended on November 5, 2013.
Amended on April 3, 2015 due to the renewal of this site.
Articles 8 and 12 amended on August 19, 2016
Articles 8 amended on April 1, 2017