For participation in and use ofNikkei Global Job Fair China, it is essential to register as a member on the website. Users are required to consent to the following terms with Nikkei HR, Inc. (a company jointly owned by Nikkei Inc. and Nikkei Business Publications, Inc.), operatingNikkei Global Job Fair China, and apply for registration on the website.
■ Article 1 Nikkei Global Job Fair China
“Nikkei Global Job Fair China” means the website for providing job hunting support services and information for foreign students or graduates from Asia, etc., provided by Nikkei HR. To those who applied for registration with “Nikkei Global Job Fair China,” (hereinafter referred to as “Registered Members”), distribution of emails and other carrier support services or domestic and overseas explanatory meetings related toNikkei Global Job Fair China and any other job hunting support services, etc., are available.
■ Article 2 Registered Members
■ Article 3 Consent to Terms
Registered Members will be deemed to have consented to all of these Terms at the time of member registration.
■ Article 4 Benefits of Registered Members
Registered Members are entitled to receive job hunting support services that will be provided by Nikkei HR (hereinafter “Services”).
■ Article 5 Change of Registered Details and Cancellation of Membership
Registered Members shall be free to change, supplement, or delete their registered details at any time and at their own will. However, Registered Members shall take responsibility for their registered details. Furthermore, Registered Members shall be free to cancel their membership at any time during the provision of Services. Cancellation procedures shall be carried out by Registered Members themselves on the website of “Nikkei Global Job Fair China.”
Nikkei HR may remove your member registration three (3) months after your registered mail address becomes unavailable to receive messages sent to members. For the avoidance of doubt, Nikkei HR shall not take any responsibility for such removal of registration.
■ Article 6 Prohibited Acts of Registered Members
Registered Members shall not engage in any of the following acts by using “Nikkei Global Job Fair China.”
(1) Act causing false information to be registered
(2) Act actually or likely to be in violation of laws, regulations or public order and morality
(3) Reproduction, sale, publication or other use beyond the scope of private use of information provided by Nikkei HR
(4) Provision of information services on a commercial basis
(5) Infringement on intellectual property rights or any other rights of other Registered Members or third parties
(6) Act causing damage to the property, privacy, reputation, trust, etc., of other Registered Members or third parties, criminal act, or any act in violation of public order and morality
(7) Discrimination, criticism, attack, slander or defamation against other Registered Members or third parties, or any act facilitating such acts
(8) Acts disrupting “Nikkei Global Job Fair China” or any other related events, etc., operated by Nikkei HR, or acts damaging trust in or otherwise causing any detriment to Nikkei HR or Nikkei Inc., or any acts likely to cause such disruption, damage or other detriment
(9) Acts of forwarding email newsletters distributed byNikkei Global Job Fair China or any other events, etc., operated by Nikkei HR to email addresses other than that of Registered Members
(10) Political, campaigning or religious activity, or any similar activity
(11) Violent verbal or physical behavior, or any similar behavior
(12) Act deemed by Nikkei HR to be inappropriate, in addition to the acts mentioned in the preceding items
■ Article 7 Removal of Registered Information of Registered Member and Termination of Partial Services
Nikkei HR may terminate partial services to a Registered Member or may remove the whole or any part of the registered information of a Registered Member without prior notice, even when the Registered Member does not remove or request the removal of his or her registered information, upon the occurrence of one of the following events. For the avoidance of doubt, Nikkei HR shall not take any responsibility for any detriment resulting from such service termination or registration removal.
(1) In the event that Nikkei HR deems that the Registered Member is in violation of Article 6 of these Terms, or if Nikkei HR deems it inappropriate to maintain the registered information of the Registered Member, the registered information of the Registered Member may be removed.
(2) If the member’s registered email address has been unavailable to receive messages sent byNikkei Global Job Fair China for not less than three (3) months, the registered information of the Registered Member may be removed.
(3) If the Registered Member has not logged into My-page ofNikkei Global Job Fair China for not less than one (1) year, the delivery of email newsletters, etc., may be terminated and the registered information of the Registered Member may be removed.
(4) Organized crime figures or those linked to organized crime or an organization related to organized crime cannot be registered as a member. In the event that a Registered Member turns out to be a person linked to any such anti-social force, Nikkei HR will immediately invalidate his or her member registration.
(5) If a complaint, or request for deletion of member registration, is received from a third party due to an error in whole or any part of information caused by a Registered Member to be registered with “Nikkei Global Job Fair China,” Nikkei HR may delete the whole or any part of such registered information without prior notice to the Registered Member, and Registered Members shall agree to this in advance.
■ Article 8 Personal Information
1. Definition of Personal Information
The term “Personal Information” means information related to Registered Members, as an individual, and consisting of the name, address, phone number, email address, names of schools attended/graduated, date of birth, and other descriptions, etc., which will make possible identity of the individual (including information which will not, by itself, make possible the identity of the individual, but can be easily confirmed against other information and will thereby make possible the identity of the individual).
2. Personal Information and Intended Use
(1) Your registered Personal Information will be managed at the responsibility of Nikkei HR. We will take every possible measure for such management. Personal Information will be used by Nikkei HR.
(2) The following is the intended use of Personal Information. Personal Information will not be used beyond the scope of the intended use.
- To provide services toNikkei Global Job Fair China users
- To authenticate individuals in connection with Services
- To provide personal information to companies which participate in the events of job hunting support hosted byNikkei Global Job Fair China and Nikkei HR, with the consent of Registered Members
- To deliver various email newsletters, to provide information, and to deliver various notices
-Answers to questionnaires, subscription for campaigns, etc., and dispatching gifts, etc.
- Opinions on and answers to the inquiries, etc., about the services ofNikkei Global Job Fair China.
3. Administrator of Personal Information
Personal Information shall be managed under the responsibility of the following person.
Kanda Mitsubishi Building, 5th Floor, 3-6-3, Kandakajicho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-0045, Japan
Person Responsible for Management of Personal Information at Nikkei HR, Inc.
Corporate Officer Satoru Miyazaki
4. Items of Personal Information to be Provided
We will provide personal information regarding the following items to the companies which participate in the events for job hunting support hosted byNikkei Global Job Fair China and Nikkei HR (including recruiting companies and personnel dispatching companies).
Full Name（Japanese katakana characters）
Date of birth
Name of school
Month and year of graduation
Remarks about academic career
Proficiency level of English and other languages
Score report of English language tests such as TOEIC, and CET etc.
Proficiency level of Japanese
Score report of Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT)
Study abroad experience
Study abroad country
Study abroad name of school
Number of days of internship
Name of the company of internship
Job description of internship
Full-time work experience
Work period of work
Name of the company of work
Job description of work
Scholarship and commendation records
Do you have passport?
Any notifications? (Is there any foods or beverages that you cannot take because of your religion, health or any other reasons?)
Why do you want to work in Japan?
Desired place of work
Personal information provided to companies will be managed by each company for the purpose of selection in recruiting activities after application for the seminar and contact, etc. Please directly ask each company about handling of personal information managed by each company (including selection, pass or fail and any other details related to recruitment). Companies which use our services are prohibited from using personal information obtained through related events hosted byNikkei Global Job Fair China or Nikkei HR for any purpose other than recruiting and job hunting.
5. Results of Not Providing Personal Information
When you do not fill in the necessary items for the provision of the services of “Nikkei Global Job Fair China,” you will not receive some services.
6. Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties without Consent
In principle, we will not disclose to third parties any Personal Information registered without the consent of the Registered Member. We shall disclose such Personal Information only when the Registered Member has been notified of such recipient and such content of the information to be provided as may be specified by us, and we have obtained the consent of the Registered Member. However, we may, without the consent of the Registered Member, disclose the registered details if:
(1) The disclosure is required under law or regulation;
(2) The disclosure is necessary to protect the life, body or property of a person, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the principal;
(3) The disclosure is necessary, inter alia, to facilitate the improvement of public health or the sound development of children, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the principal; or
(4) We are required to cooperate with any national or local public body, or any entity entrusted by such body in performing its administrative work specified by law or regulation, and the acquisition of the consent of the principal may interfere with the performance of such functions.
7. Scope Not Considered as Third Party
For the purpose of the application of the provisions of this Article, the recipient of the Personal Information shall not be considered as a third party when:
(1) Nikkei HR outsources to the recipient the whole or any part of the handling of Personal Information to the extent necessary to achieve the intended use of Personal Information;
(2) Personal Information is taken over by the recipient in association with business succession due to a merger of Nikkei HR and Nikkei Inc. or other event.
Nikkei HR will not take any responsibility for the acquisition by a third party of Personal Information when and if:
(1) The Registered Member spontaneously shows his or her Personal Information to a certain company by using any function of “Nikkei Global Job Fair China” or any other means;
(2) Such acquisition is due to any cause attributable to the Registered Member, including, without limitation, the failure of the Registered Member to properly manage the ID and password; or
(3) Such acquisition is not due to any cause attributable to Nikkei HR.
Nikkei HR will prepare the statistical data in the form not identifying individuals based on the provided personal information. The data may be used without any restrictions. For the avoidance of doubt, the period of use of the data may continue even after you cease to be a Registered Member (for any reason whatsoever).
10. Outsourcing of Personal Information
When Nikkei HR outsources the Personal Information that it has obtained, Nikkei HR shall outsource the same to a subcontractor that has executed the confidentiality agreement for the Personal Information.
11. Disclosure and Revision, etc., of Personal Information
When the principal or his/her agent requests notification of the intended use of, or disclosure, correction, supplement or deletion of, or suspension of use, erasure or suspension of provision to third parties of the Personal Information, we shall accept such requests from our website (https://www.nikkeihr.co.jp/).
Nikkei Global Job Fair China may send information called Cookies to your computer when you are using the website, and the information sent will be stored on the hard disk or in the memory of your computer.
Cookies will be used for the purpose of providing better future services, including, without limitation, scheduled member services, high-value-added services and advertising management systems, and Cookies will not impair the privacy or computing environment of users.
Users may block Cookies from functioning by changing the settings of your browser, however, in this case, you may not use some services. We apologize in advance for this point.
13. Use of Web Beacons
Nikkei Global Job Fair China may use Web Beacons (clear GIFs) on certain web pages. A Web Beacon is technology for counting the number of accesses to a certain web page. We will use Web Beacons in combination with Cookies only for the purpose of finding out how users are accessing the pages and other relevant facts to provide you with more satisfactory services.
No information specifying and identifying users is included, however, if you do not want to use Web Beacons, you may cease using by setting configuration of the browser.
For the privacy policies of Nikkei HR, please refer to the following websites.
[Nikkei HR URL] https://www.nikkeihr.co.jp/privacy/
■ Article 9 Questionnaires, etc.
1 Registered Members shall be responsible for answering questionnaires, etc., conducted by Nikkei HR and providing information, etc.
2 Nikkei HR may edit and transcribe the results of questionnaires in the information media edited and issued by Nikkei HR without prior consent of Registered Members. In such an event, all the copyrights of the contents of questionnaires edited and transcribed shall belong to Nikkei HR.
3 Nikkei HR may send questionnaires, and conduct hearings by calling or sending emails to Registered Members for the purpose of improving the quality ofNikkei Global Job Fair China, support regarding job hunting activities of Registered Members and the service contents provided by Nikkei HR (including but not limited to confirmation of the status of selection, etc., by recruiting companies).
4 Nikkei HR may use the information obtained from Registered Members under the preceding paragraph for the purpose of support regarding job hunting activities of the Members, comprehension of the effect and referral, etc., of the facts with recruiting companies or personnel dispatching companies.
■ Article 10 Use of Information
1 Nikkei HR may use without restrictions the statistical information which was processed so as not to be able to identify and specify individuals, counted and analyzed the information of usage history, etc., of “Nikkei Global Job Fair China” by Registered Members (including but not limited to the access records, application records, review list retention records, and the contents of communications between Registered Members and companies) and Registered Members give prior consent thereto. In this regard, the period of use may continue after the person is no longer Registered Members (for whatever reasons).
2 Nikkei HR may receive the report on the progress regarding job hunting activities of Registered Members (including employment and employment conditions) from the companies for which Registered Members applied through “Nikkei Global Job Fair China,” and Registered Members give prior consent thereto.
■ Article 11 Copyrights and Use of Provided Information
1 Copyrights of any information and the contents (including photos and illustrations, etc. The same shall apply hereinafter) published in “Nikkei Global Job Fair China” shall belong to Nikkei HR; except for the information and contents posted by companies or agents.
2 Nikkei HR may publish in various information media edited, issued, sold and operated, etc., by Nikkei HR the information obtained by operation, etc., of “Nikkei Global Job Fair China” (except for personal information) and the information and contents edited and processed by Nikkei HR. In this regard, the copyrights of the published contents shall belong to Nikkei HR.
■ Article 12 Responsibility of Nikkei HR
Nikkei HR shall not take responsibility for any damage (any detriment including mental distress, cessation of job-seeking activities or other monetary loss) arising out of Registered Members’ registration with “Nikkei Global Job Fair China,” the use thereof, the provision of information by third parties, etc., unless such damage is caused by the willful act or negligence of Nikkei HR. In addition, Nikkei HR shall not guarantee those who make use of “Nikkei Career Net” certainty of any effect in relation to selection, acceptance/rejection or recruitment in such a manner as being scouted, provided with job information by companies or being recruited by companies.
Furthermore, if you cannot read email newsletters, etc., due to garbled characters, etc., Nikkei HR will not be obligated to redeliver the same.
■ Article 13 Force Majeure
Nikkei HR shall not take any responsibility for damage caused by a computer virus that cannot be prevented by computer virus countermeasures to be normally taken, damage caused by an act of God, or other damage caused for a reason not attributable to Nikkei HR. Nikkei HR shall not warrant that disappearance and alteration, etc., of the data shall not occur at the “Nikkei Global Job Fair China” due to such force majeure events. Registered Members shall store the registered data at the responsibility of Registered Members.
■ Article 14
In the event that Registered Members caused damage to third parties by the registration and use of “Nikkei Global Job Fair China,” Registered Members shall resolve the problem at the expense and responsibility of Registered Members. Registered Members shall not cause any trouble or damage to Nikkei HR.
■ Article 15 Damages
If a Registered Members causes damage to Nikkei HR, the Registered Members shall be obligated to compensate Nikkei HR for all damages, whether direct or indirect.
■ Article 16 Assignment, etc.
Nikkei HR may have a third party succeed the status hereunder without the particular consent of Registered Members by giving prior notice on the screen of “Nikkei Global Job Fair China.” Nikkei HR may assign the rights to a third party or cause a third party to assume the obligations hereunder.
■ Article 17 Member Service Change, etc.
Nikkei HR may change or suspend services to Registered Members without prior notice to Registered Members, and Registered Members shall agree to this.
Nikkei HR may suspend indefinitely or terminate all services to Registered Members upon one (1) month prior notice to Registered Members.
■ Article 18 Amendment to These Terms
Nikkei HR may amend these Terms（Except for the purpose of using personal information） at any time. The details of the amendment will be displayed on “Nikkei Global Job Fair China” for one (1) month and, upon the lapse of the one (1) month period, will be deemed to have been agreed to by all Registered Members.
■ Article 19 Governing Law and Competent Court
These Terms and Services shall be governed by the laws of Japan, and any dispute arising in connection with these Terms and Services shall be referred to the Tokyo District Court or (for a claim of not more than one million four hundred thousand yen (\1,400,000)) Tokyo Summary Court, and such court shall be the exclusive agreement jurisdictional court of first instance.
■ Article 20 Original
The original of these Terms shall be the Japanese version, and these Terms shall be construed based on the Japanese version.
Terms took effect on March 1, 2017.
Articles 8 amended on April 1, 2017
Articles 8 amended on February 28, 2018
Articles 8 amended on May 7, 2018
Articles 18 amended on October 31, 2018