||Act as one of the company's primary interfaces with the customer during new product development programs. Support the customer’s engineering organization on all engineering issues by effectively communicating to and from the engineering and customer support teams. Serve as Japan office engineering assistant by completing various daily activities, as required.
1. Act as primary interface with customer engineering groups; communicate smoothly between the engineering team and the customer regarding design interface issues.
2. Maintain engineering "open issues" list for internal use. Communicate this list to design engineering centers.
3. Narrow down and clarify unclear requirements from the customer and give feedback to engineering groups in other regions.
4. Assist integration engineering by handling phone calls to/from customer. Effectively communicates all questions, comments, ideas, etc... From the customer to engineering team; respond to the customer with appropriate answers or comments as determined by engineering team.
5. Communicate unspoken nuances of customer communications to engineering team, and provide insight and opinions regarding appropriate response.
6. Assist the Sales and Program Management personnel in supporting the customer as necessary, occasionally attending meetings and reviews.
7. Travel periodically to support program reviews, training, etc..., including some international travel.