||The Associate Director of Japan Indirect Procurement is responsible for the global or regional sourcing strategies, across the indirect categories of spend, at all global Merck sites with 0 direct reports (in the future possibility of having a few direct reports). The categories of activity include but are not limited to IT, facility management, Fleet, HR, Promotion. The Associate Director will take an active role in the development of procurement strategy, Global Category Management, contract management, risk management, stakeholder management, and supplier value management within these categories. The Associate Director will develop and maintain strong relationships with business stakeholders and external suppliers. The Associate Director oversees implementation of category plan to ensure the underpinning process improvement and procurement activities deliver the expected business value in accordance with the strategic plans
The role reports to country Head of Japan Indirect Procurement.
Primary activities include, but are not limited to:
1. Leadership - As a key leader of Japan Indirect categories of spend, responsible to develop and then implement sourcing strategy and ensure alignment, compliance and delivery of required business performance.
2. Procurement Leadership - Provide the leadership, strategy and policy for the category building a high performance engagement model with the business and regions.
3. Organizational Development ‐ Build and motivate team of 2-3 senior sourcing specialists.
4. Process - Realize sourcing management, supplier value management, risk management, as core sustainable processes and enablers of delivery.
5. Performance - Deliver ongoing savings as required, as well as meeting the stakeholder business requirements.
6. Relationships - Build outstanding relationships with stakeholders which are oriented to
meeting their business needs.