- Legal work on all projects in Japan
- Drafting and negotiation of all sorts of agreements, particularly project development agreement, service agreements, financial contracts, consultancy agreements, cooperation and joint venture agreements and all related agreements
- Reviewing Project finance loan documents & shareholder agreements
- Coordination with, and advice to the Regional Directors and the local managing directors
- Establishment and maintaining of local companies and corporations (including drafting of minutes and shareholder resolutions)
- Representation of our company in front of courts, administration institutions, arbitration cases and other third parties or stakeholders, whenever such representation requires the legal support
- Office locations will be Tokyo (Japan), travelling within the APAC region and to Germany may be required
- Legal degree with distinction from a reputable university or law school, degree in business administration will be an advantage
- At least four years of working experience in Anglo-Saxon (like Australia, England or US) common law environment, civil law jurisdiction (like France, Germany, Italy) is beneficial
- At least five years of experience in an international law firm of large cap company
- Strong legal background with commercial acumen is desirable for this role. Key KPI's would include structuring legal contracts that delivers the value and benefits that drivers the commercial success for the organization
- Experience in advising complex, strategic projects involving multiple jurisdictions desirable.
- Advising on M&A transaction beneficial but not required.
- Experience with projects in the (renewable) energy, construction or infrastructure industry desirable
- Good Japanese communication and written skills; Knowledge of English language will be beneficial