||Corporate Communications Manager is responsible for both the strategic development and tactical delivery of internal and external communication activities.
The role primarily focuses on key communications areas:
* Internal communications (including change management)
* External communications focusing on media relations
* Digital communications
* Issues and crisis management
Based in Tokyo the Corporate Communications Manager will directly report to the Head of Communications.
The role works closely with the global Corporate Communications colleagues as well as the broader External Affairs team in Japan.
* Develop the annual internal communications plan, aligned to the business strategy, and oversee all aspects of tactical delivery.
* Deliver necessary internal communications assets to support delivery of the plan including web content, videos, and presentations.
* Take a part in regular employee events including Business Updates, Town Halls, and compile post reports uploaded to our intranet as well as global intranet if and when appropriate.
* Support the senior leaders in messaging and internal executive communications.
* Work with Global Corporate Communications colleagues to ensure Japan is aligned with global messaging .
||Knowledge and Skills
Proven track record of communication ability in both Japanese and English
Broad knowledge and skills in corporate communications
Broad knowledge and skills in digital communications
Rich experience in dealing with journalists
Demonstrated knowledge of pharma industry and health care environment
Strong business acumen ‐ specifically interpretation of complex business messages for a broad audience
Business skills such as presentation, facilitation, logical thinking, negotiation and coaching
Knowledge and sensitivity to a variety of cultures
Demonstrated ability to lead teams effectively
Essential Skills and Experience
At least 5 years’ experience in Corporate Communications roles
Experience in digital communications role
Experience in managing media relationships and queries
Experience in crisis / issues management
Exceptional writing and excellent English skills
Degree qualified ‐ Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Business, Management
Desirable Skills and Experience
Experience in Pharma industry