Be a strategic HR Business Partner responsible for Life Sciences Solution Business and some other small business units at the company. This role will report into the Senior HR Director Japan and will be responsible for ensuring coordination and implementation of Japan HR processes as well as specific HR requirement by Life Science Solution business as well as the company in support of around 200-300 employees of Life Science Solution and others. HR Manager/Senior HR Manager, Human Resources must be closely aligned with the business/functional leaders. Active and engaged HR leadership will be required to support business growth, organizational and talent development.
Effectiveness in this role requires a functional knowledge of corporate HR operations as well as the understanding of HR industry practices. The ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive situations with solid judgment are critical as well as the ability to perform duties independently. The individual exercises proposition within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions; proposed solutions are expected to be both creative and practical. The incumbent must possess self-motivation, enthusiasm, strong work flow management and prioritization skills, and a positive demeanor toward the job, the company and their work team. Responsibilities include driving change, increasing engagement, shaping culture, developing talent, performance evaluation and managing HR related governance, risk & compliance.
Key Objectives of the role:
* Strategic partner and work closely with business/function leaders and managers on business issues surrounding organization/talent management and cultural integration.
* Control integrity of the HRIS system including input and reporting. etc.
||Minimum Qualifications (must have):
* Bachelor degree in Human Resources Management or related field
* Minimum 5 year experience in Human Resources Management including minimum 1-2 year HRBP experience and minimum 3 years C&B experience. Other experience in different HR field such as Organization Development and Talent Management is plus.
* Strong numerical and analytical skills
* Experience in working in multi-national company environment
* Knowledge on Japan’s labor law and experience in labor issue management
* Experience in consulting business leaders and managers from points of succession planning, individual development plan, and corporate/functional training
* Experience in engaging employees and deliver solution to complex issues
* Commercially oriented mind-set to support business growth and functional development, sales or business experience is plus. Strong communication, organization and time management skills required
* Team player
* Dealing with ambiguity is necessary to accelerate change management
* Process oriented to manage middle size of projects or tasks within the business unit and/or across the organization
* Commercially savvy
* Experience with various HRIS; Workday preferred
* Excellent computer skills required in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Native in Japanese and business level English required
* 10% travel domestically and internationally required