The Director-Category Lead will be responsible for leading a Procurement organization of 6; in support of Development category. This category is highly complex in nature and requires a close collaboration with key stakeholders within the business to execute. This individual will identify, develop and direct the implementation of Procurement goals and strategy. Plan and direct the organization's activities and deliver against targets for financial performance, quality, and service and compliance adherence.
It will provide Regional Leadership for developing end-to-end category leadership such as category strategy development, maintaining key relationships within the business and managing key supplier relationships. The position must shape, connect and lead resources to deliver on key projects.
The Director-Category Lead's scope of responsibilities include:
* Develop and drive the Procurement vision for, with and through the stakeholder community.
* Developing the vision, strategy and implementation plan for a specific category or categories of spend that will effectively meet the long range requirements of the business partners and deliver the maximum value
* Interface directly with CEO's and other supplier leadership to assure alignment objectives are met, including quality, reliability, innovation and cost.
* Understands operational considerations. Identifies business demand requirements and partners with Business Engagement Leads to deliver annual value improvements and drives competitive advantage.
* Understand long range requirements of the business partners and engage in strategic planning and partnering to ensure alignment
* Deliver on financial, service, reliability, quality, innovation, and growth commitments
* Build and maintain relationships throughout JNJ that results in dynamic interactive dialogue
||◇Required Minimum Education: Bachelors 1 or Equivalent
◇Required Years of Related Experience: 10+ Years
◇Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Broad-based understanding of business operations and practices and core Procurement areas of focus (Spend Management: Category Management and Supplier Management).
Multi-county and Multi sector experience preferred with experience across geographies of varied sizes and businesses.
Experience in the R&D category-related areas (e.g. pharmaceutical industry, drug development, etc.) desirable.
Strong leadership, vison setting, communication, influencing, collaboration and talent development skills are required
Able to prioritize requests, and propose effective cost/customer service alternatives when necessary.
Ability to show judgment in developing new approaches and resolving issues
Customer Orientation (building and maintaining strong relationships with senior Management
Strong project and change management capabilities
Strong ability to set strategy direction
Strong Business Acumen
Strong verbal and written communication skill with ability to confidently present complex information
Ability to continuously improve the organization