||General Description (Purpose of the placement, Scope of program):
The SW product owner is a critical role for the program, this role interfaces with Japan OEMs and communicates to the stakeholders the status and issues of the software deliverables. This role also prioritizes the tasks of the software team according to the customer deliverables and input.
Specific Responsibilities (Detailed information of the position's R&R. ):
* Creates and manages software Feature Implementation Plan with product level plan.
* Creates and maintains the Software Product Backlog.
* Manages external and internal change requests through software backlog items.
* Prioritizes and sequences the software backlog items according to product level timing plan.
* Works with systems team, design champion/software architect to create Epics and converts them into stories that are granular enough to be achieved in a single sprint along with acceptance criteria.
* Ensures stories are made clear to the scrum team and requirements related impediments are resolved on time in coordination with systems requirements team.
* Supports Technical Delivery Manager(s) to define lower level sprint plans in alignment with project level plans
* In Sprint Planning meetings, conveys vision, prioritization and expectations towards defining sprint goals & Definition of Done (DOD).
* In Daily Stand-ups (optional), observes sprint progress and provides inputs that may be vital to the sprint execution.
* In Retrospective meetings, provides feedback on improvements for the upcoming sprints
* Adjusts the course of the software project at the end of every Sprint when product level priorities change.