||Job Description Summary:
Reporting into Associate Director, APAC Powertrain & Compliance Forecasting, Senior Japan Powertrain Research Analyst is responsible for;
* the generation and maintenance of vehicle engine, transmission, driveline and hybrid/EV installations, technology descriptions and production forecasts.
* He/she will undertake desk and primary research with both vehicle manufacturers and their suppliers in a multi-disciplined environment.
* He/she will be required to use the results of that research to populate databases covering various components and subsystems. Information gathered will include fitment rates, technology, materials and supplier information.
* The Analyst will develop and maintain a network of dependable research respondents
* The analyst will ultimately take responsibility for supporting the Principal Analyst in the maintenance of the Japanese powertrain production forecast
* In addition to traditional quantitative analysis techniques, the analyst will publish summary information and rationale for his/her forecast such as legislative, technological developments, system information, trend analysis and engine product cycle charts, i.e. a qualitative assessment