||Indeed.com is looking for a fulltime
DevOps Engineer to deploy and maintain our current custom applications. In this role, you’ll be working with the Operations team on a modern and fastpaced production system which provides job search results to over 100 million unique visitors per month. If you’re talented, love to learn, and enjoy working with opensource solutions, this position is a great opportunity to grow your skills and contribute to a toptier web site.
● Maintain existing and future custom application code and configuration
● Regularly interface with developers and team members for capacity and architecture planning
● Make recommendations for improvements to existing architecture
● Participate in regular deployments of code updates
● Other tasks as assigned
● Ability to communicate in English
● Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or similar work experience
● At least 4 years of experience with Linux as a power user or administrator
● At least 2 years of proven hands-on experience deploying and maintaining complex, custom, multitiered application systems in a complex, global, online operations group
● Willingness to work flexible / odd hours at times, based on needs, including oncall
● Experience with provisioning and configuration management tools and technologies such as
Puppet, kickstart, and others strongly preferred
● Strong scripting skills in PERL and others
● Familiarity with administration of custom complex JAVA applications in Tomcat environment
● Experience with procurement / IT asset management a plus
● Experience with JAVA applications in a Tomcat environment
● Experience with hardware setup and support strongly desired
More people find jobs on Indeed than anywhere else. Job seekers can search millions of jobs on the web or mobile in over 50 countries. More than 100 million people each month search for jobs, post resumes, and research companies on Indeed, and Indeed is the #1 source of external hires for thousands of companies.
Founded by Paul Forster and Rony Kahan in 2004, the company has over 600 employees with offices in Austin, Dublin, London, San Mateo, New York and Stamford.
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create and welcoming a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
The average daily work hours are 7 hours 32 minutes. However work hours are up to individuals depending on their work load.
New Year Season, Summer, Golden Week, Marriage Leave, Maternity Leave, Bereavement Leave, Transfer Leave, etc
|Indeed, a great place to work?
||● Data, data, data. It’s everywhere, it’s powerful, it’s fun, and it takes away the politics.
● 100M job seekers. It’s why we exist, and a great reason to come to the office every day.
● Indeed invests in you. We’re committed to developing Associate Product Managers into
Product Managers through personal coaching, regular feedback, and lots of hands on
● Free lunch (once per week currently, but plans to expand), free drinks and snacks, and
a casual and comfortable environment that makes having a free beer in the afternoon