Under the direction and supervision of the Director of Administration & Finance Department to drive strategic communications and public relations initiatives to increase the visibility and stakeholder awareness of the organization. The Corporate Communications Officer is responsible for managing and monitoring the impact of communication programs and public relations initiatives as well as managing APO information resources and its publications.
1. Develop and implement effective communication and social media strategies along with other public relations-related activities that lead to positive perceptions and greater awareness of the organization;
2. Manage the brand identity of the organization;
3. Proactively build and maintain relationships with key media outlets and organize press events and briefings;
4. Manage all websites and other social media sites belonging to the organization;
5. Work with relevant departments and other stakeholders to identify opportunities to publicize the mission and activities of the organization;
6. Coordinate internally and with external stakeholders such as authors, editors, translators, designers, and printers to produce materials, reports, publications, and other collaterals;
7. Develop mechanisms to measure the effectiveness of communication and public relations initiatives; and
8. Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Director or Secretary-General.
||1. A minimum of five years of experience in mid-management positions in the government, public/private corporation, training/research/consulting institute, or institute of higher learning;
2. A minimum Bachelor’s degree in communications, media studies, journalism, international studies, marketing, or related fields from a reputable college or university, and a Master’s degree in the above fields may be an advantage;
3. Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media;
4. Proven experience in establishing and managing strategic relationships with media, both internationally and in Japan;
5. Highly effective, confident communicator with native-level proficiency in both English and Japanese;
6. Demonstrated leadership ability in organizing and/or facilitating public relations events such as press conferences, media events, or similar activities in the Asia-Pacific region;
7. Experience in managing external partners and suppliers including contract management and negotiations; and
8. Proactive, possessing a future-oriented perspective with an innovative, self-improvement mindset.
||Saturdays, Sundays, and Japanese national holidays.